Monday, October 17, 2011

Grandeur

With everything ready to go for the upcoming exhibition, I am gazing at the largest of the ten frames... It is exquisite. With a shot of a local beachfront, this frame and picture combination makes our living area look a lot smaller than reality.

I have also been experimenting with some other less traditional methods of framing. I did one for my brother-in-law (It has a fantastic photo by Greg Sercombe from the Australian snowfields) It looks great, but the process still needs a bit of perfecting before I list it on my repertoire of frames. There are a number of things I have in mind to keep the frames looking very original and also very Australian in design. Although every frame is unique, I would really like to ramp up the creative techniques involved in making the artwork come to life.

Ok, time for a morning coffee, then to get stuck into it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment