Sunday, January 8, 2012

Photography On A Theme

     
           While sometimes it feel if I don't know what to shoot or simply feel the need to get some photos, I have stumbled on something that works for me. The idea of this is to develop a theme around which to shoot. It is a simple idea that can involve endless possibilities if you are willing to give it a go. I currently have a few themes on the go, which means if I get the camera itch at any time, I can find something quickly to shoot. It also helps to make the most of every opportunity - in most situations, there would be SOMETHING to fit into one of my themes. The final benefit I have found regarding this idea is that it gives more variation to my photography. It broadens the way I view things around me and allows me to pay attention to things I may otherwise pass by.
                Additional ideas I think about as I go about these various themed shots are the basic things such as compositions, subject matter, and perspective. By practising the thought processes, they will become more second nature in future photography.




No comments:

Post a Comment