Monday, December 17, 2012

Variety



KEY: Shoot a variety of scenes and images.

Thanks to some inspiration from the wife, this is fairly recent photo taken in the city after some of our summer rains. Although I usually enjoy nature photography as it is more naturally inspiring, I find this image quite nice as a simple urban scene. The vehicle trail and the reflection in the water both provide some points of interest for the eye. There is a sense of slight motion and yet still symmetry; these features and the darkness create a little intrigue (in my own mind at least).

I would certainly like to make more images of this kind as it really is a challenge to spark an interesting picture. There are plenty of defining features in the city and yet certain details are sometimes overlooked. Composition becomes quite important to the image and it can make or break the photograph. I think that by taking pictures in a variety of scenes such as this will help to provide a better variety of compositional styles across a broader range of scenes. 

I certainly aim to be creating a better and stronger set of pictures as my own photography continues. If this also helps your own, even better.

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment