Friday, February 22, 2013

Cheynes

We were fortunate enough to spend the weekend fishing and boating with Em's family down near Albany. The south coast is one of my favourite places for photography and Cheynes Beach is no real exception. It has more of the sweeping beach front scenes, but still plenty of rocks. 

Anyway, here are two of the shots I got over the weekend. The first is the wife's favourite and the second is my favourite. I think what makes this type of shot is its subtlety. To me at least, it certainly has a beachy feel about it. However, it really only makes a suggestion of the ocean. It's interesting how such a small part of a photo can dictate the overall feeling. 


Unfortunately, I woke up too late for the kinda light I needed for the next shot. I wanted to get up for sunrise, but I really needed to get to location more than half an hour pre-dawn. I have recently been working with no camera filters which means I must utilise existing light and improvise to get my shot. However, I enjoy the subsequent creeping brightness. 


Great for a weekend getaway and fantastic place to relax. I would not be surprised if there are more Cheynes Beach photos in the months to come!

Lastly, the boat... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment