Sunday, February 3, 2013

R.I.P. Photos

It is a sad post when you must say goodbye to a number of photos....


Whilst I was recently organising and dutifully backing up files, I managed to lose quite a few photos. I suppose I will eventually learn. However, it seems rather ironic that I have now lost data on two separate occasions through the processes involved with backing up files.

Files can be rather unstable if they are in the process of being copied or transferred. I think this would be particularly true of larger files. Fortunately, for most of the lost I have maintained the original RAW files so I can re-process them in time. However, these four are likely never to be seen again.






Sadly, all of which I enjoyed; none of which had yet been to print.

Lessons to learn:

1. Perform regular back ups, HOWEVER files are easily corrupted and can be permanently lost when being copied or transferred.

2. ALWAYS maintain copies of your original RAW or camera shots for safety purposes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sturt! Loving your blog!! Ah that's such a bummer... these photos are stunning.
    Lots of love from Tammy & Neil in California

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy!
    Great to hear from ya. I kinda see losing these photos as incentive to lift my game, so good will come of it I'm sure.
    Hope you guys are travelling well.
    Sturt

    ReplyDelete