Sunday, February 10, 2013

One Down

One of the more simple photos is now back to its finished state!! Strangely enough, some of the photos that provide me with the most satisfaction are often the ones that have a simple concept, were simple to capture and were simple in post-production. For me, this is one such photograph. 

I am happy to say that there are also a few more on the go and they will not be too far off. I have relatively recently been enjoying the process of converting to black and white images. I find it can really get rid of a lot of the distracting elements in an image and allows you to appreciate the shapes and tones of the image in a different way.


At the time I took this, I had a similar image in my head waiting for the right opportunity. So when we saw this old tree standing all on its own here, I couldn't help myself. Quickly stopped, got what I wanted, and headed off again.

And on another note, just been admiring the work and personal reflections of a Scottish photographer by the name of Bruce Percy

No comments:

Post a Comment